Sweet Home, Earth is an independent video game made in 48h during the 2019 Global Game Jam held in Cergy.
Our nice blue planet is threatened by the greenhouse effect, because of a pollution overflow. Wildfires, melting ice and many other hazards are striking the Earth. It should be protected by any means !
The Unity game engine was used, with scripts written in C#.
- Developer : Michaël Hubert, Ghislain Bernard
- Game Designer : Femy Nassirou
- 2D/3D Artist : Anaïs Gresser
- Sound Designer : Ghislain Bernard
- Composer : Constantin Louvradoux
- Support : Guillaume Reich, Johan Lepel
The theme being "What home means to you" for this Global Game Jam, we quickly decided that our home was really Earth after all. Then, the gameplay would be doing something to protect it.
To keep a straightforward and fast development, you just have to rotate the Earth to select multiple things placed on its surface, which are 2D billboard sprites. By combining multiple selected things, you can then counterbalance natural disasters and human-driven pollution.